Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two Sets Finished

When I set out to build furniture and create a business, I went into the process with confidence in a solid building knowledge, but it has been an almost overwhelming discovery process in the areas of Second Life marketing, animations, scripting, and networking.  And like so many other small business owners since the beginning of free enterprise, I'm learning it all myself rather than paying someone to do it for me.  I've learned the joys of MLPV2.3 configuration, XCITE compatibility scripting, Xstreetsl marketing, blogging, website formatting, land management, temp rezzers, and all kinds of other things.

I'm very pleased with the results, though, and still have found the time to build.  The store has been designed so that there are six design sets:  Cole, Evangeline, Zarita, Destiny, Syriana, and The Ancient.    Each design will take up one whole wall with coordinating sets.  The Cole Series, contemporary, masculine, with a classic feel, is complete now and listed on Xstreetsl and includes a bar, bedroom, dining room, and kitchen (including washer and dryer).  The Evangeline Series was finished last night and is an absolutely stunning, modern, white collection that includes clean lines, acrylics, with black and silver accents.  In this series, there is a bedroom, dining room, living room, and a gorgeous patio area with a pergola.  We're working on listing it today.

Our first advertisement came out today and ran in the FEMDOM Magazine on page 34 http://www.femdommag.com, so I'm looking forward to the increased exposure.  I was excited to see Eloise Mureaux's house featured in the Better Homes and Dungeons article written and photographed by Noel Weiser.  She commented on the blog yesterday (thanks, Eloise!) and came into the store to look at some things.  I really do appreciate the support I've received from my friends so far, and I have enjoyed immensely reading the fifth issue of FEMDOM Magazine, seeing all their pictures, learning, and laughing too.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of the next two sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment